I’m looking forward to Dublin Gamecraft on Feb 25th. It’s not a traditional conference, it’s an 8 hour coding marathon. The idea is that you have 8 hours to build a game, either by yourself or on a team.
- Yes, you have to start from scratch.
- Yes, you can build for platform X (where X is XBox, PC, iPad, WP7, iPhone, Android, or any other platform that you can write games for).
- Yes, you can bring a team.
- Yes, you can join forces with someone on the day.
- Yes, there’s a need for coders, designers, storyline folks and more.
- Yes, it’s free.
- Yes, you should come.
- Yes, it’s being organized by cool folks like @roundcrisis
On hand will be some of the up and coming games studios in Dublin such as Open Emotion Studios.
If you’re interested in learning to write games, there’s not a whole lot better of a way to do it than jumping in the deep end. At the very least, you’ll get to meet and hang out with some of the most fun folks in all of Ireland’s tech scene.
Any question? Ask them at http://www.dublingamecraft.com/ask.